By combining attentive, compassionate care with our extensive clinical and research resources, UT Southwestern Medical Center's cardiology experts provide you with individualized care within an environment that’s home to one of the pre-eminent health care facilities.
UT Southwestern is widely recognized as one of the nation’s leading heart disease treatment centers.
Our cardiologists and surgeons are highly trained and experienced in treating common and uncommon heart conditions in children and adults.
Heart Care Guides
UT Southwestern’s heart specialists are experts in diagnosing and treating all heart disorders. In these guides, you’ll learn about the major types of heart conditions we treat and find out how the state-of-the-art care and support we offer can help patients live longer, healthier lives.
Learn about our specialized program that gives adults with congenital heart disease the diagnostic, treatment, and consultative services they need to live long, healthy lives.
Our multidisciplinary program offers the latest medical and surgical treatments, including comprehensive transplant resources, to help patients with even the most challenging needs.
Our heart specialists use the latest scientific insights and advanced therapies to help people with or at risk for coronary artery disease prolong and improve the quality of their lives.
Our arrhythmia specialists combine advanced expertise and experience with the latest techniques and technologies to effectively treat every type of heart rhythm disorder.
Our doctors are experts on innovative treatments and minimally invasive surgery that can help patients recover more quickly and feel better faster.
Our experienced Preventive Cardiology team delivers individualized, research-based care aimed at lowering people’s risk for cardiovascular disease and its complications.
Our treatment programs for heart disease include these areas:
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cardiac procedures include heart bypass surgery, heart transplant, cardiac defibrillator implantation, and more
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Treating adults with conditions including malformations of the heart and related blood vessels
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Medical and surgical treatments for the inability of the heart to pump blood, including vasodilators and angioplasty
- General Cardiology
- Covering a variety of heart diseases, such as heart failure, inherited diseases, and hypertension
- Heart Rhythm Management
- Treatments for atrial fibrillation and other arrhythmias, including pacemaker implant and implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD)
- Heart and Cancer Disease (Onco-Cardiology)
- Our specialists treat the side effects that heart and cancer disease can produce
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Advanced diagnostic tests and treatment options including percutaneous alcohol septal ablation, myectomy, and implantable defibrillators
- Interventional Cardiology
- Use of angioplasty, cardiac catheterization, and other procedures to manage your heart condition
- Assessing risk of developing cardiovascular disease through risk factors, family history, and more
Request an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with our dedicated team of experts or learn more about what UT Southwestern offers, request an appointment online or call 214-645-8300.