Zale Lipshy University Hospital
Zale Lipshy University Hospital, located on Harry Hines Boulevard next to Parkland Memorial Hospital, is one of the world’s premier neurological diagnostic and treatment centers.
It has been certified as an Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
A referral hospital for North Texas and the entire southwestern U.S., Zale Lipshy University Hospital provides coordinated, compassionate care to patients and families, administered by highly trained physicians utilizing state-of-the-art technology.
In addition to the neurosciences, the 148-bed Zale Lipshy University Hospital is also a treatment center for hematologic malignancies, ophthalmology, oral surgery, psychiatry, rehabilitation, and other services.
- Comprehensive stroke program
- Staffed 24/7 by multispecialty stroke care professionals representing neurology, neurosurgery, neuroangiography, rehabilitation medicine, nursing, pharmacy, nutrition, and physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU)
- The eight-bed EMU is equipped with the latest technology to diagnose and treat patients with difficult-to-control seizures.
- Cutting-edge imaging with 320-slice CT scanner and 3T MRI
- Neuro intensive care unit (ICU)
- A 20-bed unit staffed by physicians who are trained in neurology and critical care
- A sophisticated multimodality, multi-room suite providing both diagnostic and minimally invasive treatment interventions
- Psychiatric care
- An 18-bed inpatient psychiatric unit supported by active ECT and neuromodulation programs that serve both inpatients and outpatients
- A 36-bed rehabilitation unit that includes a comprehensive, interdisciplinary approach in rehabilitating patients with functional impairments due to acute illness or injury
- Twelve spacious surgical suites equipped for state-of-the-art specialty surgery, as well as more common surgical procedures
- Stereotactic services
- Utilizing the latest Gamma Knife and AcuRay technology
UT Southwestern Medical Center's neurology and neurosurgery programs are nationally ranked in U.S. News & World Report listings, and are the highest ranked in North Texas.
Our neurological surgeons have performed more surgeries to prevent aneurysmal hemorrhage than any other medical center in the U.S.
For the second year in a row, Zale Lipshy University Hospital has received the 2014 Press Ganey Beacon of Excellence Award for patient satisfaction.