Zale Lipshy University Hospital
Zale Lipshy University Hospital, located on Harry Hines Boulevard next to Parkland Memorial Hospital, is one of the world’s premier neurological diagnostic and treatment centers.
It has been certified as an Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. UT Southwestern is the first medical center in the nation to receive advanced comprehensive designation for dual-hospital stroke care, which combines the care and expertise delivered at both St. Paul and Zale Lipshy University Hospitals.
A referral hospital for North Texas and the entire southwestern U.S., Zale Lipshy University Hospital provides coordinated, compassionate care to patients and families, administered by highly trained physicians utilizing state-of-the-art technology.
In addition to the neurosciences, the 152-bed Zale Lipshy University Hospital is also a treatment center for hematologic malignancies, urology, ophthalmology, oral surgery, psychiatry, rehabilitation, and other services.
- Comprehensive stroke program
- Staffed 24/7 by multispecialty stroke care professionals representing neurology, neurosurgery, neuroangiography, rehabilitation medicine, nursing, pharmacy, nutrition, and physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Cutting-edge imaging with 320-slice CT scanner and 3T MRI
- Neuro intensive care unit (ICU)
- A 20-bed unit staffed by physicians who are trained in neurology and critical care
- A sophisticated multimodality, multi-room suite providing both diagnostic and minimally invasive treatment interventions
- Psychiatric care
- An 18-bed inpatient psychiatric unit supported by active ECT and neuromodulation programs that serve both inpatients and outpatients
- A 42-bed rehabilitation unit that includes a comprehensive, interdisciplinary approach in rehabilitating patients with functional impairments due to acute illness or injury
- Twelve spacious surgical suites equipped for state-of-the-art specialty surgery, as well as more common surgical procedures
- Stereotactic services
- Utilizing the latest Gamma Knife and AcuRay technology