Zale Lipshy University Hospital
Zale Lipshy University Hospital, located on Harry Hines Boulevard next to Parkland Memorial Hospital, is one of the world’s premier neurological diagnostic and treatment centers.
It has been certified as an Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
A referral hospital for North Texas and the entire southwestern U.S., Zale Lipshy University Hospital provides coordinated, compassionate care to patients and families, administered by highly trained physicians utilizing state-of-the-art technology.
In addition to the neurosciences, the 148-bed Zale Lipshy University Hospital is also a treatment center for hematologic malignancies, ophthalmology, oral surgery, psychiatry, rehabilitation, and other services.
Ranked #1 Hospital in DFW
U.S. News & World Report named UT Southwestern Medical Center the best hospital in DFW in 2017-18. Six specialties were recognized as being among the best in the country.
- Comprehensive stroke program
- Staffed 24/7 by multispecialty stroke care professionals representing neurology, neurosurgery, neuroangiography, rehabilitation medicine, nursing, pharmacy, nutrition, and physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU)
- The eight-bed EMU is equipped with the latest technology to diagnose and treat patients with difficult-to-control seizures.
- Cutting-edge imaging with 320-slice CT scanner and 3T MRI
- Neuro intensive care unit (ICU)
- A 20-bed unit staffed by physicians who are trained in neurology and critical care
- A sophisticated multimodality, multi-room suite providing both diagnostic and minimally invasive treatment interventions
- Psychiatric care
- An 18-bed inpatient psychiatric unit supported by active ECT and neuromodulation programs that serve both inpatients and outpatients
- A 36-bed rehabilitation unit that includes a comprehensive, interdisciplinary approach in rehabilitating patients with functional impairments due to acute illness or injury
- Twelve spacious surgical suites equipped for state-of-the-art specialty surgery, as well as more common surgical procedures
- Stereotactic services
- Utilizing the latest Gamma Knife and AcuRay technology
Zale Lipshy is one of two UT Southwestern University Hospitals, which collectively earned “Best Hospital in Dallas-Fort Worth” recognition from U.S. News & World Report for 2017-18.
UT Southwestern neurology and neurosurgery programs are nationally ranked in U.S. News & World Report listings.
Our neurological surgeons have performed more surgeries to prevent aneurysmal hemorrhage than any other medical center in the U.S.
For four consecutive years, Zale Lipshy University Hospital has received the Press Ganey Pinnacle of Excellence Award for maintaining consistently high levels of patient satisfaction.