University Hospital Gynecological Oncology Clinic at Simmons Cancer Center
In the Gynecological Oncology Clinic at Simmons Cancer Center, we diagnose and treat cancers that are unique to a woman’s reproductive system. These include uterine and endometrial cancer as well as cancers of the ovaries, cervix, vagina, vulva, and placenta.
Our team of physicians, nurses, counselors, therapists, and staff is committed to helping women get through any diagnosis and treatment. Patients have access to a full spectrum of cancer care administered by experts focused solely on gynecologic cancers.
The Gynecological Oncology Clinic at Simmons Cancer Center is for outpatient visits.
We provide state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic treatment approaches tailored to your needs.
Some of the therapies we offer at the Simmons Cancer Center or help you coordinate include:
- Conventional chemotherapy
- Hormonal therapy
- Radiation therapy
- Experimental agents
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgical approaches
- Radical and reconstructive pelvic and abdominal surgery
- Operative and staging endoscopy
Preparing for Your First Appointment
- Write down any symptoms you're experiencing, including any that may seem unrelated to the reason for which you scheduled the appointment.
- Write down key personal information, including any major stresses or recent life changes.
- Make a list of all medications, as well as any vitamins or supplements that you're taking.
- Ask a family member or friend to join you. Sometimes it can be difficult to absorb all the information provided during an appointment. Someone who accompanies you may remember something that you missed or forgot.
- Write down questions you want to ask your doctor.