University Hospital Radiation Oncology at Simmons Cancer Center
The Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center – Radiation Oncology facility is located on UT Southwestern Medical Center’s West Campus.
The clinic is home to:
- The only Vero machine in Texas. The Vero integrates many state-of-the-art radiation therapy capabilities into one machine and is designed to locate tumors and meticulously direct radiation precisely where it is needed
- The new TrueBeam system for high-precision image-guided radiotherapy and radiosurgery. This system includes RapidArc technology, which continuously changes the gantry speed, dose rate, and shape of the treatment aperture to deliver treatments two to eight times faster than conventional therapy. In some cases, a treatment that typically takes 10 to 15 minutes can be given in less than 1 minute.
Radiation Therapy and You
- Guide to Treatment Process
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Nutrition Guidelines
- Nutrition Services
- Online Nutrition Resources