Digestive and Liver Diseases Clinic
The Digestive and Liver Disease specialists at UT Southwestern Medical Center aim to help you feel “normal” again and reduce hospital admissions and complications. We offer a multi-disciplinary approach to diseases and work closely with the Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center, Surgery, Oncology, and Radiology.
Patients who see a specialist early in the course of their disease have the best chance of successfully managing their disease and resuming an active lifestyle.
What We Treat
Our specialists treat a variety of digestive and liver diseases, including:
- Acute Liver Failure
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Biliary tract disorders, including strictures, stones, and cancer
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Colorectal cancer screening and treatment
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Luminal obstruction
- Pancreatic disorders, including pancreatitis, cysts, and cancer
- Access to the latest therapies through clinical trials
- Advanced and minimally invasive procedures
- Specialized care for women facing high-risk pregnancies
- Patient support groups for Crohn’s and Colitis
- Nutritional therapy
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery
- Disease management for chronic liver conditions
Please review the Initial Visit Checklist to ensure that you bring what is needed to your first appointment, including your driver's license, current insurance card, completed questionnaire, and any additional paperwork you received in the mail. Medical records and a list of current medications are also important, so please bring those.
Canceling an Appointment
If it’s necessary to cancel your appointment, please notify the Patient and Physician Referral Service at 214-645-8300 or the clinic at least 48 hours in advance so that we can accommodate others waiting to schedule an appointment.