Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
As part of our comprehensive care, William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital offers physical therapy and occupational therapy, as well as speech language pathology services, to empower patients to achieve their best health.
Our team of physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech therapists provides the highest level of therapy and rehabilitation expertise, with a goal of encouraging faster, more seamless recovery for patients.
Our physical and speech therapy services feature:
- Four fully equipped therapy gyms
- Therapists with expertise in all hospital areas
- Custom-made therapy equipment that encourages maximum mobility, even for ICU patients
- A patient care garden with ADA-compliant ramps and stairs to enable therapy patients to enjoy fresh air and sunshine
- Bedside exercise equipment that helps maintain range of motion in acutely ill patients
Your Therapy Experience
If you or a loved one require inpatient care at Clements University Hospital, your care team may recommend physical, occupational, or speech therapy as part of your treatment or recovery process.
For physical, occupational, and speech therapy patients, our experts create a personalized plan that will help encourage recovery. Our goal is to improve your healing process while also helping to maintain a positive outlook.
Most therapy is done at the bedside. However, many patients are able to visit our therapy gyms once their mobility has improved. Our ICU patients are mobilized as soon as they are medically stable, which helps prevent complications and encourages healing.