The Pediatric Imaging Program at UT Southwestern Medical Center provides comprehensive imaging and diagnostic services for infants, children, and adolescents with a range of medical conditions.
Much of our program is housed in the outpatient radiology center at Children’s Medical Center Dallas, where we offer:
- Interventional/vascular radiology, providing a nonsurgical alternative to complex vascular and lymphatic malformations
- Digital fluoroscopy with the routine use of radiation-limiting techniques and software, as well as state-of-the-art magnetic resonance (MR) technology for investigating abnormalities of cerebrospinal fluid flow, brain perfusion and function, seizures and metabolic disorders, diffusion tensor imaging, and fiber tracking
- Nonsurgical approaches to some surgical conditions
- A Picture Archiving Communication System (PAC), which eliminates the need for traditional film X-rays
- Four magnetic resonance (MR) units
- A PET-CT scanner
All of our equipment is specially calibrated for pediatric patients so they avoid excessive radiation exposure.
The available examinations include:
- Computed tomography (CT) scans
- Interventional angiography
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Pediatric neuroradiology
- Pediatric radiographs
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scans
Our pediatric imaging specialists and staff are trained to help alleviate patient fears, and our full-time child-life specialists are devoted to pediatric radiology.