Otoplasty (Ear Plastic Surgery)
We treat both adult and pediatric patients with otoplasty to change the shape, size, or position of the ear.
At UT Southwestern Medical Center, our board-certified plastic surgeons can address how the ear folds. They can also enhance the size of smaller ears, or add natural curves and fold when they are absent. In addition, our plastic surgeons can also recreate or replace an ear that may have been lost due to an injury or illness.
If You Are Considering Otoplasty
- This procedure generally takes two to three hours.
- General anesthesia is used.
- There will be temporary swelling, bruising, and some pain.
- Most patients can return to regular activities such as work in as soon as one day.
- It is important to receive care at an accredited medical facility from a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced with otoplasty.