UT Southwestern Medical Center provides expert, compassionate care for patients with all types of back pain, including cervical (neck), thoracic (mid-back), and lumbar (low-back) pain.
Some of the conditions causing back pain we treat include:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
- Neck pain
- Pinched nerve
- Spinal stenosis
- Vertebral fracture
Evaluation and Treatments
After a comprehensive evaluation, a UT Southwestern back pain specialist thoroughly explains your diagnosis and treatment options.
Our back pain specialists use an array of highly advanced, minimally invasive procedures to treat back pain, including:
- Epidural injections
- Cortisone medication is injected into the epidural space in the spine, which provides significant pain relief and may enable patients to avoid or delay surgery.
- Facet blocks
- Cortisone medication is injected into the affected facet joint area, enabling patients to experience pain relief lasting from days to months.
- Selective nerve root blocks
- Anti-inflammatory medication is injected. The procedure provides significant pain relief to irritated nerve roots and may enable patients to avoid or delay surgery to repair a herniated disc.