In Vitro Fertilization
When other fertility treatments are not appropriate or have failed, in vitro fertilization (IVF) can help you get pregnant. It is an established treatment for many forms of infertility.
IVF allows you to get pregnant using your own eggs and sperm from your partner or a donor.
How IVF Works
An IVF cycle typically includes the following steps:
- Medications to grow multiple eggs
- Retrieval of eggs from the ovary or ovaries
- Insemination of eggs with sperm in a laboratory
- Culture of any resulting fertilized eggs (embryos)
- Transfer of one or more embryo(s) into the uterus
- Support of the uterine lining with hormones to permit and sustain pregnancy.
Success Rates for IVF
The pregnancy success rates for U.S. women are:
Request an Appointment
To discuss IVF with one of our fertility specialists at UT Southwestern's facilities in Dallas, or for more information about our services, request an appointment or call 214-645-8300.