Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center
The Joint Commission and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association launched Advanced Certification for Comprehensive Stroke Centers (CSCs) in September 2012. This new level of certification recognizes the significant resources in infrastructure, staff, and training that comprehensive stroke centers must have to provide state-of-the-art complex stroke care.
UT Southwestern Medical Center has received Joint Commission certification as an Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center because we:
- Have dedicated neuro-intensive care unit beds that provide neuro-critical care 24 hours a day, seven days a week for complex stroke patients
- Use advanced-imaging capabilities
- Provide care to patients diagnosed with subarachnoid hemorrhage, perform endovascular coiling or surgical clipping procedures for aneurysm, and administer IV tPA.
- Coordinate post-hospital care
- Use a peer-review process to evaluate and monitor the care provided to patients with ischemic stroke and subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Participate in stroke research
As the only Joint Commission designated center in North Texas, one of only two in the state of Texas, and the only dual-certified hospital system in the nation, we are proud to offer our patients:
- Improved quality of care
- A commitment to a higher standard of service
- Specific abilities to receive and treat the most complex stroke cases