UT Southwestern offers a full range of treatments for all types of strokes. Designated as an Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center by the American Stroke Association and The Joint Commission, our team is recognized for providing the highest level of care available anywhere.
One of the advantages we offer patients is our experience in stopping – and in some cases, reversing – the devastating effects of these disorders. We have expertise in every technique, approach, and medication available to treat all types of strokes. This includes:
- Intravenous tissue plasminogen activator (IV tPA) – This medicine given for ischemic stroke can dissolve the clot causing the stroke.
- Endovascular rescue therapy – The newest treatment for major strokes, it removes/retrieves a blood clot that’s causing the stroke. UT Southwestern was among the first hospitals in the country to offer this treatment, years before it was confirmed as standard of care in 2015.
- Advanced neurosurgical care for cerebrovascular disorders – We’re experienced in treating brain aneurysms, brain vascular malformations, carotid artery disease, and other cerebrovascular disorders that may be the underlying cause of a stroke.
Comprehensive Stroke Care
If someone is experiencing an ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke, it is a medical emergency. Our Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center offers rapid response to evaluate and treat strokes, including neurosurgical and neurological care, along with stroke rehab.
Beyond acute (emergency) stroke care, we offer:
- Primary prevention strategies for patients at risk for strokes, including those diagnosed with atrial fibrillation (AFib) and people that have had at least one stroke before
- Secondary prevention for patients who have already experienced a stroke and need help decreasing their risk for future strokes
Request an Appointment
If someone is experiencing a stroke, call 911.
If an appointment is needed for someone that’s had a stroke or to understand options for preventing strokes, please schedule an appointment with a stroke specialist at UT Southwestern’s facilities in Dallas. To schedule an appointment, or to learn more about our services, request an appointment or call 214-645-8300.