By bringing together cutting-edge research and exceptional patient-centered clinical programs, the Peter O’Donnell Jr. Brain Institute is uniquely focused on advancing treatments for all types of neurological disorders.
Our foundation is built upon scientists and clinicians organized into specialized teams based on brain and spine conditions and injuries – collaborating across departments within UT Southwestern. Our teams include experts from:
- Neurological Surgery
- Neurology and Neurotherapeutics
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Child Neurology
Zale Lipshy University Hospital
Most of the inpatient care provided through the O’Donnell Brain Institute is at Zale Lipshy University Hospital. Patients have access to an extraordinary level of care and services, including:
- Comprehensive care for hospitalized stroke patients. With Zale serving as the cornerstone of our Robert D. Rogers Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center, we received the highest level of recognition available from The Joint Commission and American Stroke Association for success diagnosing and treating strokes.
- Largest neuro-ICU in the region, staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with five neurointensivists available at all times
- State-of-the-art neuroangio suites equipped with leading-edge technology to improve diagnostic capabilities and decrease the time to repair blockages and hemorrhages
- Only Perfexion Gamma Knife System available in North Texas, a completely robotic radiosurgical system that improves stereotactic radio surgery options
- Leading-edge brain imaging technology
- Largest ECT treatment program in North Texas for chronic depression and other psychiatric disorders
- Comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation programs accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and The Joint Commission
Coordinated Neurological Care at All UT Southwestern Facilities
Although Zale Lipshy is the primary hospital for brain and spine patients, our team offers seamless care at several UT Southwestern facilities, including William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, along with ambulatory clinics at our main UT Southwestern campus and at our Richardson/Plano location.