Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in men and women in the United States, killing more people than breast, prostate, and colon cancer combined.
When you’ve been diagnosed with lung cancer, you want the best team of cancer specialists on your side, working with you. That team is at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Multidisciplinary Approach to Lung Cancer Care
As the only NCI-designated cancer center in North Texas, we treat cancer differently. Using a multidisciplinary approach, we don’t just treat lung cancer, we treat your lung cancer and provide support for you and your family.
Our diverse group of experts – medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists; radiologists; pulmonologists; research scientists; and supportive services professionals – has one goal: to defeat your lung cancer and restore health.
Comprehensive Lung Cancer Care
Your lung cancer treatment is comprehensive and individualized to meet your specific needs. Patients are seen initially in Simmons Cancer Center’s Medical Oncology Clinic.
Our treatment program includes:
- World-renowned experts in lung cancer treatment and research
- Convenience, with all specialists in one location for seamless care
- Clinical trials involving the newest, most advanced treatments
- State-of-the-art technology for the delivery of highly precise radiation therapy
- A dedicated patient coordinator to ensure you receive the care you need in a timely fashion
- A support team of pain specialists, psychologists, social workers, dietitians, financial counselors, and specially trained nurses
Through our personal programs, you and your family get answers to your questions, gain new coping strategies, and receive emotional and practical support.
Request an Appointment
For an appointment at our facility in Dallas or for more information about our lung cancer services, request an appointment or call 214-645-8300.