UT Southwestern has one of the premier Clinical Cancer Genetics programs in the country and the largest in North Texas. It is the only program in Dallas that offers a clinical service that is linked to a strong academic research program. The Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center genetics team is working to help our patients and clinicians put together hereditary pieces of the cancer puzzle.
Find out how Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center approaches cancer genetics by reading our special report, "Cancer Genetics: Unraveling the Secrets."
- Program Overview
- Genetic Counseling
- Risk Assessment
- Population-Based Screening Programs
- The GI Genetics Clinic and Population-Based Screening for Lynch Syndrome
- Reaching Rural Communities
- The Power of Cascade Testing
- Molecular Genetics Tumor Board
- Pediatric Cancer Genetics Program with Children's Medical Center
- Helping Different Patients Make Difficult Cancer Genetic Decisions
- Patient Experience in the Cancer Genetics Clinic and Beyond
- The Future of Genetic Testing