Being pregnant is a life-changing event, and before you know it, you won’t be able to imagine a world without your child. Before he or she joins your family, though, you’ll likely have many questions as you make your way through 40 or so weeks of pregnancy.
With the launch of our new blog called Your Pregnancy Matters, and with the holidays just around the corner, we want to invite you to ask your questions about being pregnant during the holiday season during a special live chat on our Facebook and Twitter channels.
When: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 from noon–1 p.m. CST
During the chat, we will take your questions and answer as many as we can during the hour.
Some of the frequently asked questions that will be answered during the chat include:
- Is it safe to travel while pregnant?
- How about flying? Are there limits?
- How about driving to holiday gatherings? What should I consider?
- With big holiday meals around the corner, what’s OK for me to eat and what should I avoid?
- What are some healthy foods to eat at holiday gatherings?
- How about holiday shopping? Any recommendations?
- What if the baby is expected to arrive during the holiday festivities? Should we just stay home?
Of course, we will be taking your questions as well. Please keep in mind that our answers are purely informational and do not constitute medical advice. If you need to schedule an appointment for personalized consultation, please call 214-645-8300 or submit the Request an Appointment form.
Answering Your Questions
In addition to myself, the following team members will assist me in answering your questions:
Patricia Santiago-Munoz, M.D.
Dr. Santiago works in the High-Risk Pregnancy and Prenatal Genenetics program. She conducts pre-conception genetic counseling and treats women with hypertension, diabetes, and other pre-existing conditions. She also is a contributor to the blog.
Shivani Patel, M.D.
Dr. Patel recently joined the team after practicing medicine in Southern California. Some of her upcoming Your Pregnancy Matters articles include:
- A look at why women try to lose weight while pregnant and what’s a healthy amount of weight gain
- How pregnancy affects spa days
- A look at why you might consider pumping and feeding your child breast milk from a bottle
We hope to see you on Twitter or Facebook over the lunch hour on December 10.