Request Appointment

214-645-8300

for Children 214-456-7000

Request an Appointment

Please, Don't Eat the Azaleas

You can feast your eyes on those beautiful garden flowers. Just don’t let your toddlers chew the scenery. “Choose those beautiful yard plants carefully because some of them can be toxic if ingested,” says Kurt Kleinschmidt, M.D., a medical toxicologist and Professor of Surgery in the Division of Emergency Medicine. “The joy of watching your child or grandchild beginning to walk could be offset by a medical crisis if he or she eats those previously unreachable flowers.”

Helpful number

Texas Poison Center Network: 1-800-764-7661

Toxicology Flower Chart