Home Health Care
UT Southwestern Home Health Care is a licensed and certified home health agency that works closely with patients and their families to provide skilled care in the patient’s home.
Many of the agency’s registered nurses, nursing assistants/home health aides, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, and medical social workers are bilingual. They provide the following services:
- Cardiac management
- Certified wound VAC nurses
- CHF management
- IV therapy (antibiotics, pain management, IVIG, chemotherapy, TPN)
- LVAD-trained nurses
- Medication management and teaching
- Ostomy care and management
- PT/INR at patient's bedside with immediate results
- Rehabilitation at home
- Tracheotomy care and teaching
- VitalStim therapy for dysphagia
- Wound care
UT Southwestern Home Health Care accepts most major insurance plans, including Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross/Blue Shield (HMO/PPO), United Health Care, North Texas Health Network, Worker's Compensation, and Multiplan.