Parking and Transportation
Please note: With the completion of the above-grade road extension to William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, traffic flows around Professional Office Building 2 return to pre-construction access and egress on Monday, January 26, 2015, as will visitor parking locations and access.
Visitors to Professional Office Building 2 may valet park at the entrance to Professional Office Building 1, with access from Record Crossing Road, or self-park in the POB Garage, adjacent to Professional Office Building 1, with access from either Record Crossing Road or Southwestern Medical Avenue.
The valet podium and vehicle drop-off area is located in the breezeway directly in front of Professional Office Building 1.
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 6:45 a.m. – 6:45 p.m.
- Fee: $5 for patients, $25 for vendors
- Payment: Cash, check, debit/credit card, or parking coupon presented at the valet podium
- A book of five prepaid coupons may be purchased for $20 at any valet parking station
- Visitors who valet park at two UT Southwestern facilities on the same day will receive free parking at the second location by presenting the first valet parking receipt
The POB Garage is adjacent to Professional Office Building 1 on the west side, with entry from Southwestern Medical Drive and Record Crossing Road.
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Fee: $3
- Payment: Cash, check, debit/credit card, or validation stamp presented upon exit at the cashier booth
DART buses stop near the building entrance on Record Crossing Road and on Harry Hines Boulevard. Other public transportation options are also easily accessible to UT Southwestern visitors.
UT Southwestern's free shuttle bus service includes three routes with stops at Professional Office Buildings 1 and 2 (same stop):
Professional Office Building 2 is located at 5939 Harry Hines Boulevard, near the southwest corner of Harry Hines and Record Crossing Road.
To access detailed automated driving directions to the UT Southwestern campus using major highways, call 214-648-6264. If needed, dial "0" for operator assistance.