Vascular Surgery Clinic
The Vascular Surgery Clinic at UT Southwestern Medical Center offers some of the most advanced interventional therapies and surgical procedures available to treat all forms of vascular disease, with surgeons who perform more than 1,000 vascular operations every year.
The clinic includes experienced vascular surgeons, nurse practitioners, nurses, vascular technologists, medical office assistants, and clinic support staff.
Our dedication to expert and compassionate care makes a difference in our patients’ treatment.
Who We Are
Our vascular surgeons are renowned for their expertise in highly complex cases, including fenestrated aortic endografts, advanced treatments for carotid artery disease, and treatment of graft infections. Our team of vascular surgeons works closely with experts from various medical specialties.
By collaborating with physicians in radiology, orthopaedics, neurology, internal medicine (including diabetes, rheumatology, and hematology), and physical medicine, we provide comprehensive evaluation, coordinated treatment, and follow-up management as necessary for all forms of vascular disease.
What We Treat
Our surgeons have expertise in all vascular disorders, from the routine to the complex.
Our program includes the following areas of specialization, services, and treatments:
- Abdominal and aortic aneurysm –open and endovascular repair
- Aortic dissection
- Aortic graft infection repair
- Carotid artery disease – endarterectomy and stenting
- Complex aortic aneurysm repair
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Dialysis access
- Inferior vena cava filter placement and removal
- Mesenteric insufficiency
- Peripheral vascular disease/claudication
- Renal artery disease
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Thoracic/thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair
- Varicose veins
Non-Invasive Vascular Diagnostic Laboratory
We offer a state-of-the-art noninvasive laboratory to better serve our vascular disease patients, both in and out of the hospital. The laboratory was among the first vascular laboratories in the United States and Canada to be granted accreditation by the lntersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL) in 1993.
The diagnostic facility offers these services:
- AAA screening
- Abdominal (Aorta/Iliac, AAA stent graft assessment, mesenteric arterial duplex, renal arterial duplex)
- Arterial (lower extremity duplex, Ankle Brachial Index, treadmill with arterial pressures, Thoracic outlet syndrome pressures, and arterial waveforms)
- Carotid duplex
- Venous duplex (upper or lower extremity, IVC, and Iliac)