The audiologists at the UT Southwestern Monty and Tex Moncrief Medical Center at Fort Worth provide expert and compassionate care for people with hearing (auditory) or balance (vestibular) impairment.
We also perform hearing tests and prescribe hearing aids, with no referrals required.
As part of UT Southwestern Medical Center, we are one of the nation’s leading clinical and research centers for audiology, cochlear implantation, and balance and facial nerve disorders.
UT Southwestern offers a full range of diagnostic tools to help diagnose hearing and balance problems. These include:
- Auditory brainstem response (ABR), which tests response to clicks to give information about the brain
- Comprehensive audiological examination
- Electrocochleography, which measures electrical response to sound
- Electronystagmography/videonystagmography (ENG/VNG), which tests involuntary eye movement
- Oto-acoustic emissions (transient-evoked and distortion product) for measuring if the cochlea are stimulated by sound
- Platform posturography to test balance
- Sinusoidal harmonic acceleration (rotary chair)
- Vestibular evoked myogenic potentials (VEMP)
Meet Our Audiology Specialists
Preparing for Your Appointment
On the day of your appointment, please allow time for registration. Moncrief Medical Center has welcome kiosks and staff located at the main entrance to help you check in.
Please bring your current insurance card, a method of payment (we accept checks or debit/credit cards only), and a complete list of your current medications and dosages (including over-the-counter medications, herbs, and vitamins).
To make the most of your time with the doctor, make a list of questions ahead of time and bring them to your appointment.
Canceling an Appointment
If you need to cancel your appointment, please notify the clinic at least 24 hours in advance so that we can accommodate other patients waiting to schedule an appointment.