At William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital Maternity Care, our priority is the health and happiness of mom and baby. We make sure you and your baby feel comfortable, safe, and rested – and have the opportunity to bond, from the very beginning.
We take a compassionate, comprehensive approach to maternity care and childbirth services:
- We practice “couplet care,” which allows baby to remain right by mom’s side throughout her stay.
- Our physicians, nurses, and other medical professionals work in collaborative teams to provide the highest standard of care.
- Our patient rooms are quiet, private, and designed with you and your family in mind.
In this restful, supportive environment, we’ve created an ideal place for you to have your baby.
We believe the first hours and days after delivery are an important time for a mom and her new baby to begin bonding. That’s why we practice couplet care. Our caregivers keep mom and baby together as much as possible. Your baby can sleep in your room, and the two of you share a dedicated nurse.
Couplet care has been shown to offer several important benefits:
- Faster bonding between mom and baby
- Easier breastfeeding
- Faster weight gain for your new baby
- Earlier release from the hospital
- Easier insight for doctors and nurses into your and your baby’s health at any given time
Our nurturing, supportive staff is here to help you through this important transition and to ensure moms and their loved ones can easily and happily welcome their new addition.
We provide a full range of patient-centered labor and delivery services, all with a focus on both mom and baby:
Our lactation services are one reason many moms choose Clements University Hospital. We’re part of the Texas Ten Step Program, which involves a highly supportive, compassionate approach to breastfeeding. Our team includes certified lactation consultants who are available seven days a week, and our Women’s Resource Center provides ongoing breastfeeding support and education.
Flexible Birthing Options
We want you to feel comfortable with your birthing plan, so we provide a range of flexible birthing options. We have both a staff doctor and a midwife available 24/7, or you may contact your own doctor. Anesthesiologists and certified registered nurse anesthetists are also available 24/7 to provide an epidural as soon as it is requested. For moms interested in natural birth, we provide several options, such as labor (birthing) balls and aromatherapy.
Clements University Hospital has been designed with multiple births in mind. To accommodate twins, triplets, and up, several of our patient rooms are larger and include extra bassinets to help keep the whole family together.
Neonatal ICU Services
The Labor and Delivery department is closely integrated with our hospital’s Neonatal ICU, which offers the highest level of care possible, delivered in an inviting and supportive environment.
Women’s Resource Center
Located within the Maternity Care department at Clements University Hospital, the Women’s Resource Center provides information, education, and support for parents. The Center is staffed by nurses who specialize in lactation services and are eager to help. The Women’s Recourse Center offers free prenatal education classes on labor and delivery, baby care, breastfeeding, and more, as well as free weight checks after discharge.
Hours: Open 7 days a week, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Contact: 214-633-6640 or email@example.com
Private Labor and Delivery Suites
Our private patient rooms are designed to encourage rest and healing while easily accommodating loved ones and visitors. All labor and delivery rooms are private suites, with extra room and comfortable sleeping accommodations for family members.
Our department uses innovate technology to enhance your stay. All patient rooms include:
- An in-room stereo system that can play music from any mobile device
- An interactive TV system with educational child care content
- Skype capabilities for connecting with friends and family
- Extra charging stations for all your family’s electronic devices
Once your baby has arrived, our caregivers will transition both mom and baby to a postpartum room for additional rest and recovery.
These large, comfortable rooms encourage bonding, while making it easy for your nurse and doctor to monitor you and your baby.
Baby’s recovery is done at mom’s bedside, and loved ones have plenty of room to stay overnight comfortably.
At Clements University Hospital, we take security very seriously. We especially want to ensure that moms, infants, and family members feel safe at every hour of the day and night.
In addition to a high level of overall hospital security, our department includes several initiatives to ensure families are safe:
- All newborns receive a special armband that is electronically linked with building exits and elevators to prevent abduction attempts.
- All visitors must enter through the main Labor and Delivery entrance and be screened before entering the NICU.
- The Well Baby Unit is locked and monitored 24/7.