Our expert cardiologists and surgeons at William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital deliver exceptional inpatient care for every heart condition. We’re focused on compassionate care that’s individualized to your heart’s unique needs.
Our multidisciplinary team of surgeons, cardiologists, nurses, and advanced practice providers are part of one of the top heart disease treatment centers in the country.
As a research and academic teaching hospital, we also stay on top of cardiovascular research, allowing us to provide the latest treatments for your heart condition.
Heart Care Services
At Clements University Hospital, we provide the highest level of care for all heart conditions.
Our experts collaborate closely to diagnose heart conditions and develop personalized treatment plans for conditions including:
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Genetic heart anomalies
Our cardiac surgeons perform a complete range of surgical procedures, such as:
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Valve replacements
- Pacemaker placements
- Post-percutaneous coronary intervention
For patients needing advanced heart therapy, we offer comprehensive care aimed at maintaining your quality of life. Our team is board certified in advanced heart failure and dedicated to meeting your needs as you transition to home care, prepare for a heart transplant, or await left ventricular assist device (LVAD) surgery.
At Clements University Hospital, leading-edge technology enables us to provide state-of-the-art heart care, with techniques and treatment options that aren’t found at most hospitals.
Our heart care technology includes:
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- These portable machines help us maintain the health of acutely ill heart disease patients. They can be quickly connected to support heart function, helping to stabilize acutely ill patients until their transplant surgery.
- Ventricular assist device (VAD)
- Our VAD/LVAD program, which is Joint Commission accredited, enables us to more effectively extend the life of severe heart failure patients. UT Southwestern was the first to implement a pneumatic LVAD and among the first in the nation approved for LVAD destination therapy.
- Robotic and minimally invasive surgery
- Our heart surgery options include da Vinci surgical robots, which enhance the precision of our surgeons. Minimally invasive surgeries can result in improved outcomes for cardiac patients.
At every stage of treatment, we make it a priority to involve you in your care. We provide as much information and education as possible to empower you on your road to recovery. Your expert care team ensures you receive the individualized care you need.
Our team is also part of the American College of Cardiology Patient Navigator Program, which aims to reduce re-admissions to the hospital for heart failure and heart attack patients. Clements University Hospital is one of only 35 hospitals in the country to participate in this program.