University Hospital Aston Infusion Clinic
The University Hospital Aston Infusion Clinic is a hospital outpatient facility offering comprehensive transfusion services to our non-cancer patients.
Infusion therapy (also called intravenous or IV therapy) is provided as a part of a patient’s treatment plan or to counteract the side effects of treatment. Depending on the type of treatment required, you may need to visit the Clinic for a single treatment, or for multiple treatments over a period of time.
The Aston Infusion Clinic offers IV hydration, IV antibiotic therapy, and headache treatment protocols, as well as treatments for various conditions such as:
Comfort and Convenience
Patients are welcome to bring food and beverages during their appointment, as well as mobile devices such as phones and iPads. Other clinic amenities include:
- 15 private infusion suites with television in each
- Lab tests on-site
- Pharmacy on-site to prepare medications
- Refreshment area with beverages and light snacks
- Purchased lunch delivery available
- Accommodations for guests
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
A number of factors may affect your ability to receive your infusion. Please contact the clinic if:
- You have any changes to your medications or your health condition.
- You are running a fever, have flu-like symptoms, or are otherwise ill.
- You have had a vaccination within one week of your scheduled infusion.
Canceling an Appointment
If it's necessary to cancel your appointment, please notify the clinic at least 24 hours in advance so that we can accommodate others waiting to schedule an appointment.