At UT Southwestern Medical Center, advanced practice providers practice in Zale Lipshy University Hospital and William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, as well as ambulatory and hospital-based clinics.
We incorporate Lead APPs in those clinical service areas with a large concentration of APPs. Rhonda Hough DNP, R.N., CPNP-AC, Director of Advanced Practice Providers, provides administrative leadership for the growing number of APPs at UT Southwestern.
Our APPs are committed to providing highly competent and expert care, including:
- Episodic care in clinics and emergency department
- Managing critical illnesses in the University Hospitals
- Serving as a resource and consultant for patients, families, and services
- Providing continuity of care for chronic illnesses
- Facilitating transitions of care and improving access to care
Our APPs have diverse interests and opportunities to actively engage in a variety of professional activities, including:
- Clinical research studies
- Quality improvement projects
- Precepting advanced practice students
- Committee membership and committee leadership
- Mentoring peers
Our APPs are successful regionally, nationally, and internationally as demonstrated by publications, abstracts, authors, and presentations.