Accountable Care Organization Information
UT Southwestern Accountable Care Network (UTSACN) represents a new model of health care delivery based on a strategy to better align physicians, hospitals, and payers in order to provide better access to care, better clinical quality, and control costs. In January 2014, UTSACN was selected to participate in the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as an Accountable Care Organization (ACO). UTSACN works with CMS through the MSSP to provide high-quality care in a cost-efficient manner with a patient-centered approach. UTSACN shares the following information regarding its participation as a Medicare Shared Savings ACO:
Accountable Care Organization Public Reporting Guidance
ACO Name and Location
UT Southwestern Accountable Care Network
6363 Forest Park Road, BL3.300
Dallas, Texas 75390
6363 Forest Park Road, BL3.300
Dallas, Texas 75390-9087
ACO Primary Contact
Danny Irland, Chief Executive Officer
- Adam S. Miner, M.D., P.A.
- Addison Internal Medicine, P.A.
- Amina R. Allaudin, M.D., P.A.
- Arminda Perez, M.D.
- Bedford Internal Medicine Clinic
- Boppana Primary Care Clinic P.A.
- Casey Nguyen, M.D., P.A.
- Chong Liu
- Chrisette Dharmagunaratne M.D.
- Coppell Adult Medicine Specialist
- Coppell Associates in Family Medicine, P.A.
- Dallas Women's Healthcare Specialists, P.L.L.C.
- Dana Huyen My Dinh, M.D., P.A.
- David Pillow, M.D.
- Denise Cantu Bannister P.A.
- E S Romanelli, P.A.
- Fairway Family Medicine Primary Care
- Family Medicine Of Texas, P.A.
- Healthcare Associates of Irving, LLP
- Hsu & Hsu Internal Medicine Associates, P.A.
- Humberto Lopez
- Infinity Womens Healthcare
- J Gabrielle P Patterson, P.A.
- Jeffrey C Komenda, P.A.
- Jennifer Aldrich, P.A.
- Jianhuan Meng
- Jinsong Zhang
- John Pang DO
- John S. Webb, M.D., P.A.
- Johnny Lee Henry, M.D., P.A.
- Joseph Meacham
- Juan Miguel Herrera
- Karana R. Fairley M.D., P.A.
- Kelly L Wimberly, P.A.
- Klair Medicose, PLLC
- Lake Arlington Family Medicine, P.A.
- Lawrence B Mcnally
- Lisa Medwedeff, P.A.
- Michael L. McCullough, M.D., P.A.
- Nguyen Family Medicine, P.A.
- Palaniappan Arumugham
- Plano Supreme Primary Care Inc
- Precision Family Medicine, P.A.
- Priti B. Vyas, M.D., P.A.
- Rafael Canadas, M.D., P.A.
- Rahele Lameh, M.D.
- Ray E Rollins
- Raymond S. Khouw, M.D.
- Relda J. Setliff, M.D., P.A.
- Ricardo Diaz, M.D.
- Ronald N. Skufca, D.O. P.A.
- Rosemary Bates
- Sapna Jaiswal, P.A.
- Shalini Katikaneni, P.A.
- Simon S Tan, P.A.
- Steven M Pounders
- Texas Family Healthcare, P.A.
- Texas Health Physicians Group
- The University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
- Thomas J Purgason, P.A.
- Topcare Medical, P.A.
- Wei Gao, P.A.
- Willow Bend Family Medicine, P.A.
- Yan Li, M.D. PhD., P.A.
- Yili Wang
- Your Medical Home, P.A.
- Z & Z Medical Associates, P.A.
UT Southwestern Accountable Care Network ACO Governing Body
- Dr. Michael Chiu, Voting Member, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Medical Director, ACO participant representative
- Arnim Dontes, Voting Member and Secretary/Treasurer, ACO participant representative
- Danny Irland, Voting Member, UTSACN Chief Executive Officer, ACO staff member
- Dr. Bruce Meyer, Voting Member and Chairman, UT Southwestern Medical Center, ACO participant representative
- Dr. Mack Mitchell, Voting Member, UT Southwestern Medical Center, ACO participant representative
- Sharon S. Parsley, Non-Voting Member, UT Southwestern Medical Center, ACO Compliance Officer
- Dr. Gary Reed, Voting Member, UT Southwestern Medical Center, ACO participant representative
- Dr. Stan Taylor, Voting Member, UT Southwestern Medical Center, ACO participant representative
- Dr. John Warner, Voting Member, UT Southwestern Medical Center, ACO participant representative
- Dr. John Webb, Voting Member, John Webb, PA, ACO participant representative
- Donald Zale, Voting Member, Medicare beneficiary representative
Key Clinical and Administrative Leadership
- ACO Executive: Danny Irland
- Medical Director: Michael Chiu, M.D.
- Compliance Official: Sharon S. Parsley
UT Southwestern Accountable Care Network Committees and Committee Leaderships
- Quality Assurance Committee: Gary Reed, M.D., Chair
- Utilization Management Committee: Lynn Kirk, M.D., Chair Correct first name to Lynne
- Credentialing Committee: Michael Chiu, M.D., Chair
Composition of ACO
Physician-led partnership between UT Southwestern Medical Center, community physicians, and other health care providers organized to improve health care in communities we serve.
Shared Savings and Losses
Amount of Shared Savings and Losses
- Performance Year 2014: $2,945,035
- Performance Year 2015: TBD
- Performance Year 2016: TBD
How Shared Savings Are Distributed
- Proportion invested in infrastructure: 19 percent
- Invested in redesigned care processes/resources: 22 percent
- Proportion of distribution to ACO participants: 59 percent
Quality Performance Results
- Performance Year 2014
- Performance Year 2015
- Performance Year 2016
For more information regarding ACOs
- Talk to your doctor
- ACO Beneficiary Fact Sheet: Accountable Care Organizations and You: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for People with Medicare (PDF)
- Visit www.cms.gov/aco
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) 24 hours a day/7 days a week. TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048
For ACO Participants ONLY – Reporting Violations and Concerns
To report suspected violations or compliance related concerns, please contact the ACO Compliance Officer and/or to the Compliance Hotline at the following:
Compliance Officer: Sharon S. Parsley, J.D., MBA, CHC, CHRC
UT Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, BL3.100
Dallas, Texas 75390-8851
Compliance Hotline: 1-877-507-7319