Accountable Care Organization Information
UT Southwestern Accountable Care Network (UTSACN) represents a new model of health care delivery based on a strategy to better align physicians, hospitals, and payers in order to provide better access to care, better clinical quality, and control costs. In January 2014, UTSACN was selected to participate in the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as an Accountable Care Organization (ACO). UTSACN works with CMS through the MSSP to provide high-quality care in a cost-efficient manner with a patient-centered approach. UTSACN shares the following information regarding its participation as a Medicare Shared Savings ACO:
Accountable Care Organization Public Reporting Guidance
ACO Name and Location
UT Southwestern Accountable Care Network
6363 Forest Park Road, BL3.300
Dallas, Texas 75390
6363 Forest Park Road, BL3.300
Dallas, Texas 75390-9087
ACO Primary Contact
Danny Irland, Chief Executive Officer
- Adam S. Miner, M.D., P.A.
- Abilene Internist and Associates, P.A.
- Addison Internal Medicine, P.A.
- All Healthcare Medical Clinic, PLLC
- American Internal Medicine Services, P.A.
- Amina R. Allaudin, M.D., P.A.
- Amy Chung, D.O., PLLC
- Arash Tirandaz, M.D., P.A.
- Arminda Perez, M.D.
- Avondale Family Care, PLLC
- Barbara J. Stark Baxter, M.D.
- Bedford Internal Medicine Clinic
- Boppana Primary Care Clinic P.A.
- Brashear Family Medical, P.A.
- Bridlewood Family Healthcare, P.A.
- Bruce E Whitehead, M.D., P.A.
- Casey Nguyen, M.D., P.A.
- Cedar Niles Internal Medicine, P.A.
- Chong Liu
- Chrisette Dharmagunaratne M.D.
- Christina M. Myint, P.A.
- Coppell Adult Medicine Specialist
- Coppell Associates in Family Medicine, P.A.
- Cynthia L Shughrue, D.O.
- Cynthia Shugrue, D.O.
- Dallas Women's Healthcare Specialists, P.L.L.C.
- Dana Huyen My Dinh, M.D., P.A.
- Davey M. Perrin, M.D.
- David Brehm, M.D.
- Denise Cantu Bannister P.A.
- Diagnostic Partners of North Texas, P.A.
- Doctors of Internal Medine
- Drs. Cox, Chanez, and Christina
- E S Romanelli, P.A.
- Edid Ramos, M.D., P.A.
- Fairway Family Medicine Primary Care
- Family Medicine Of Texas, P.A.
- Family Practice House Calls
- Forest Lane Family Medicine, P.A.
- Franklin Leroy Casey
- Frisco Medical and Surgical Clinic
- Frisco Primary Care
- Gonnalagadda, PLLC
- Grandview Medical Center
- Gustavo H. Day, M.D., P.A.
- H Meda, M.D., P.A.
- Healthcare Associates of Irving, LLP
- Heritage Inter-Med, PLLC
- Hsu & Hsu Internal Medicine Associates, P.A.
- Humberto Lopez
- Infinity Womens Healthcare
- Internal Medicine Associates of Plano, P.A.
- J Gabrielle P Patterson, P.A.
- Janna Massar, P.A.
- Jeffrey C Komenda, P.A.
- Jennifer Aldrich, P.A.
- Jianhuan Meng
- Jinsong Zhang
- John Pang DO
- John S. Webb, M.D., P.A.
- Johnny Lee Henry, M.D., P.A.
- Joseph Park, D.O., PLLC
- Juan Miguel Herrera
- Karana R. Fairley M.D., P.A.
- Kelly L Wimberly, P.A.
- Lake Arlington Family Medicine, P.A.
- Lillian R. White
- Lisa Medwedeff, P.A.
- Louis P Coates, LLC
- MD Request, PLLC
- Medical Specialist Associated
- Michael L. McCullough, M.D., P.A.
- Mohiudin A Zeb, M.D, P.A.
- Naira S Babaian, M.D.
- Nguyen Family Medicine, P.A.
- Niti Randhawa, M.D., P.A.
- Palaniappan Arumugham
- Pedro E. Estorque, Jr., M.D., P.A.
- Plano Supreme Primary Care Inc
- Precision Family Medicine, P.A.
- Prestige Primary Care
- Primary Care Internal Medicine, PLLC
- Priti B. Vyas, M.D., P.A.
- Progressive Health Family Medicine
- Rafael Canadas, M.D., P.A.
- Rahele Lameh, M.D.
- Rakesh K. Saini
- Randall E. Hayes, D.O., LLC
- Ray E Rollins
- Relda J. Setliff, M.D., P.A.
- Ricardo Diaz, M.D.
- Robert J. Megna, D.O.
- Ronald N. Skufca, D.O. P.A.
- Rosemary Bates
- Rushing Family Practice
- Safoora Harandi
- Sam's Medical Center, PLLC
- Sapna Jaiswal, P.A.
- Sara E. Tranchina, M.D.
- Shalini Katikaneni, P.A.
- Shashank K. Dengle, M.D.
- Sheridan Scott Evans, M.D., P.A.
- Simon S Tan, P.A.
- Southern Horizon Healthcare, PLLC
- Southwest Pulmonary
- Steven M Pounders
- Stevens Park Clinic Medical Group
- Stonebridge Adult Medicine, P.A.
- Texas Family Healthcare, P.A.
- Texas Health Physicians Group
- Texas Medical Group, P.A.
- The University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
- Theresa D. Stretch, M.D., P.A.
- Thomas J Purgason, P.A.
- Thompson Family Medicine
- Wei Gao, P.A.
- Willow Bend Family Medicine, P.A.
- Yan Li, M.D. PhD., P.A.
- Yili Wang
- Your Medical Home, P.A.
- Z & Z Medical Associates, P.A.
- Z1K, P.A.
ACO Participants in Joint Ventures between ACO Professionals and Hospitals
- Aamer Agha, M.D.
- Barry Alldredge, M.D.
- Barry Firstenberg, D.O.
- Cheryl Richards-Stallings, D.O.
- Chrisette Dharma, M.D.
- Christopher Witherspoon, M.D.
- Daniel Mijares, M.D.
- Daniel Sone, D.O.
- Dina Diehl, D.O.
- Elizabeth Pearch, D.O.
- Gary Bonacquisti, M.D.
- Gregory Colon, M.D.
- Husam Alkhersam, M.D.
- Jack Wright, M.D.
- James Muns, M.D.
- Jordan Michael Pastorek, M.D.
- Jose Burbano De Lara, M.D.
- Lindsey Foote, M.D.
- Matthew Roberson, M.D.
- Michael Jutras, M.D.
- Que Thu Pravong, D.O.
- Ramesh Amara, M.D.
- Raymond Staniunas, M.D.
- Richard Bellinger, M.D.
- Robert Stark, M.D.
- Roger Tolar, M.D.
- Saleem Mallick, M.D.
- Sandra Adair, D.O.
- Stephen Glaser, D.O.
- Theodore Crofford, M.D.
- Weldon Johnson, Jr., D.O.
UT Southwestern Accountable Care Network ACO Governing Body
- Dr. Donna Casey, Voting Member, UT Southwestern Medical Center, ACO participant representative
- Dr. Michael Chiu, Voting Member, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Medical Director, ACO participant representative
- Arnim Dontes, Voting Member and Secretary/Treasurer, ACO participant representative
- Danny Irland, Voting Member, UTSACN Chief Executive Officer, ACO staff member
- Dr. Bruce Meyer, Voting Member and Chairman, UT Southwestern Medical Center, ACO participant representative
- Dr. Mack Mitchell, Voting Member, UTSACN Chief Medical Officer, ACO participant representative
- Sharon S. Parsley, Non-Voting Member, UT Southwestern Medical Center, ACO Compliance Officer
- Dr. Gary Reed, Voting Member, UT Southwestern Medical Center, ACO participant representative
- Dr. Stan Taylor, Voting Member, UT Southwestern Medical Center, ACO participant representative
- Dr. John Warner, Voting Member, UT Southwestern Medical Center, ACO participant representative
- Dr. John Webb, Voting Member, John Webb, PA, ACO participant representative
- Donald Zale, Voting Member, Medicare beneficiary representative
Key Clinical and Administrative Leadership
- ACO Executive: Danny Irland
- Medical Director: Michael Chiu, M.D.
- Compliance Official: Sharon S. Parsley
UT Southwestern Accountable Care Network Committees and Committee Leaderships
- Quality Assurance Committee: Gary Reed, M.D., Chair
- Utilization Management Committee: Lynne Kirk, M.D., Chair
- Credentialing Committee: Michael Chiu, M.D., Chair
Composition of ACO
Physician-led partnership between UT Southwestern Medical Center, community physicians, and other health care providers organized to improve health care in communities we serve.
Shared Savings and Losses
Amount of Shared Savings and Losses
- Agreement period beginning 2014, Performance Year 2014: $2,945,035
- Agreement period beginning 2014, Performance Year 2015: $14,188,861
Shared Savings Distribution
Agreement period beginning 2014, Performance Year 2014:
- Proportion invested in infrastructure: 19 percent
- Invested in redesigned care processes/resources: 22 percent
- Proportion of distribution to ACO participants: 59 percent
Agreement period beginning 2014, Performance Year 2015:
- Proportion invested in infrastructure: 0 percent
- Invested in redesigned care processes/resources: 0 percent
- Proportion of distribution to ACO participants: 100 percent
Payment Rule Waivers
- No, our ACO does not utilize the SNF 3 Day Rule Waiver
Quality Performance Results
- See 2015 Quality Performance Results Table here.
- See 2012 – 2014 Quality Performance Results Table here.
For more information regarding ACOs
- Talk to your doctor
- ACO Beneficiary Fact Sheet: Accountable Care Organizations and You: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for People with Medicare (PDF)
- Visit www.cms.gov/aco
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) 24 hours a day/7 days a week. TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048
For ACO Participants ONLY – Reporting Violations and Concerns
To report suspected violations or compliance related concerns, please contact the ACO Compliance Officer and/or to the Compliance Hotline at the following:
Interim Chief Compliance Officer: Kate Conklin, B.A., CPMSM, CPCS, CPHQ
UT Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, BL3.100
Dallas, Texas 75390-8851
Compliance Hotline: 1-877-507-7319