Complex Wound Care Treatments
For complex wounds, therapies are integrated into a well-balanced treatment program. Our goal is preserving limbs that are affected by wounds. We investigate solutions to save a leg, foot, finger, or other extremity – even when patients have been told elsewhere that an amputation is the only option.
Our patients have access to:
- A wide range of dressings, including collagens, hyaluronic acid, growth factors, silver, honey, and bioengineered tissue products
- Specialty support surfaces
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT)
- Ultrasound for debridement and reduction of harmful bacteria
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatments
- Stimulation of fibroblast cells with radiofrequency
Many of the latest options to heal wounds, which our team has evaluated and introduced, are only available at UT Southwestern.
Our vascular specialists use the latest tools and state-of-the-art techniques to restore blood flow. This expertise allows them to select the best solution for each patient’s needs, whether it’s novel medications, minimally invasive techniques, traditional open surgery, or a combination of approaches. Every treatment is personalized to the patient’s unique condition.