UT Southwestern's Voice Care team proudly presents a Singers Symposium on Friday, July 14, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Cynthia Nott, Artistic Director, Children's Chorus of Greater Dallas
- Dr. Alan McClung, Director, Cambiata Institute for Early Adolescent Vocal Music, University of North Texas
- Professor Darlene Wiley, Executive Director, Butler Opera Young Artists Program, University of Texas at Austin
- Jared Schwartz, Bass and recording artist, Toccata Classics
- Dr. Helga Perez, High Five Physical Therapy
- The UTSW Voice Team
Presentation Topics Include:
- Children’s voices
- The changing voice
- Hormonal influences on the voice
- Career and musical development of the young adult artist
- The aging voice
- Workshops addressing: rehabilitative vocal warm-ups, posture optimization and upper body tension reduction for singers
How to Register
$30 for students
To pay by check, please print the registration form, fill it out and mail it, with payment, to:
Department of Otolaryngology
Singers Symposium, c/o: Amanda Rollins
5323 Harry Hines Blvd
Dallas, TX 75390-9035
To pay with a credit card, please fax or e-mail registration form and then call Amanda Rollins.
The registration deadline is Friday, June 30, 2017.