UT Southwestern Medical Center’s Musculoskeletal (MSK) Imaging and Intervention Program provides comprehensive imaging and diagnostic services for injuries, infections, and disorders of the bones, joints, cartilages, nerves, muscles, and tissues.
How it Works
Our physicians use technologies such as computed tomography (CT) scans, ultrasound, fluoroscopy, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to visualize the musculoskeletal and neuromuscular systems and assess its functionality. These advanced imaging tools allow physicians and specialists to make the most accurate diagnoses and prescribe targeted treatments and image-guided therapies.
We perform musculoskeletal imaging and interventional exams for referred patients, including:
- Bone densitometry (DEXA) tests
- High resolution 3D joint imaging
- High resolution 3D and 4D CT imaging
- High resolution neuromuscular and soft tissue ultrasound examinations
- Perineural injections
- Peripheral nerve imaging MR
- Radiographs (X-rays)
- Nuclear Medicine bone scans and leukocyte scans