Pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and other factors all contribute to changes that happen to a woman’s body after having children. When exercise and diet programs are not enough to achieve the results you want, you may want to consider a Mommy Makeover to reshape your body.
What’s a Mommy Makeover? It is a combination of procedures designed to help a woman make the changes she wants for her body. At UT Southwestern Medical Center, patients can rely on our board-certified plastic surgeons to guide them through a comprehensive range of alternatives to flatten the abdomen, lift breasts, smooth out new lines on the face, and meet other body contouring and cosmetic needs.
A Mommy Makeover typically includes several procedures, such as a tummy tuck, a breast lift with or without implants, and liposuction.
Because no two women are alike, our surgeons make sure the procedures are appropriate for you. We recommend options based on the individual woman, applying the latest technology, products, and techniques to achieve safe, effective results. One of the hallmarks of plastic surgery at UT Southwestern is the accessibility of our doctors to patients before and after the surgery to provide guidance and answer any questions you may have.
Below are a few of the most typical procedures that women have as part of a Mommy Makeover:
- Body contouring
- May include an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) to remove excess skin or fat for a flatter tummy, liposuction, and non-surgical options to shape the body and eliminate fatty areas.
- Breast surgery
- Breast lift or breast reduction to change the shape and/or size of the breasts.
- Facial rejuvenation
- Fillers and injectables, Botox, as well as non-surgical options like Ulthera to decrease fine lines or wrinkles on the face. Lasers or chemical peels to remove dark spots on the skin are other options.
- Additional skin care treatments and services
- Treatments for varicose veins on the legs, or spider veins, laser hair removal, permanent make-up (or cosmetic tattooing), skin care consultation for the ongoing care of your face, and services such as facials provided by licensed professionals including our aestheticians.
If You Are Considering a Mommy Makeover
- Discuss your expectations with your surgeon and outline realistic results.
- Mommy Makeovers may involve several procedures, depending on your objectives.
- It is important to receive care from a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced with these procedures at an accredited medical facility.