Recovery from a burn can be a challenging process, but our team of experts is here to assist and encourage you every step of the way. Our goal for you is to achieve the highest possible level of independence while providing you with attentive and personalized care. We will work to determine the best and most advanced therapies in order to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
- In 2016, we admitted nine patients to Inpatient Rehabilitation following a burn.
- The average age was 61 years.
- Seven were male, and two were female.
- Our patients reported a near-perfect nine out of 10 score for overall rating of care.
- 67 percent of our patients returned home after their rehab stay.
- The average length of stay in rehab was approximately 12 days.
Internationally Recognized for Major Burn Injury Rehabilitation
UT Southwestern Medical Center is part of the North Texas Burn Rehabilitation Model System (NTBRMS), which also includes Parkland Hospital. NTBRMS is internationally renowned for its top-quality comprehensive program of care, rehabilitation, and research involving children and adults who sustain major burn injury.
Learn more about UT Southwestern’s Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Burn Care: