UT Southwestern Medical Center is dedicated to serving the health care needs of children from birth through age 18 by offering excellence in pediatric evaluation and treatment.
The Internal Medicine - Pediatrics Clinic is staffed by primary care physicians who are trained and board certified in both Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. The clinic offers comprehensive services to patients of all ages.
- Newborn and infant care
- Routine well-child examinations, addressing behavior and developmental concerns, acute infections, and immunizations
- Sports and camp physicals and diagnosing and treating complex medical conditions
- Sexually transmitted infections screening and prevention, birth control counseling
We also have three major practice sites:
- Children's Medical Center
- Our primary clinical partner, is a multi-specialty inpatient and outpatient facility with state-of-the-art resources that sponsors a Pediatric Residency Program for more than 85 categorical pediatric residents. The Children's main campus in Dallas is licensed for 483 beds and is the only pediatric hospital in the Southwest with a designated Level 1 trauma center. Children's Medical Center Legacy, a second full-service inpatient and outpatient facility in Plano, is licensed for 72 beds. Each year, Children's has more than 20,000 admissions, 200,000 outpatient visits, 90,000 emergency room visits, and conducts nearly 20,000 surgical cases.
- Parkland Health & Hospital System
- Consists of a multispecialty hospital, which serves as the home of our Neonatal and Perinatal Medicine. The system also oversees a series of Community Outpatient Centers located in geographically diverse areas of Dallas County, which serve as the home of many of the outpatient community pediatric training experiences. There are currently more than 15,000 infants delivered each year, which makes this the largest such service in North America. Faculty in the Department of Pediatrics supervise resident training in several of these community outpatient centers. The Parkland Hospital System also has outreach in many underserved areas of Dallas County through their Homeless Van and Refugee Clinics, which provide unique opportunities in community pediatric care.
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
- A specialty hospital that provides inpatient, surgical, and outpatient services for children who require orthopaedic care related to birth defects, rheumatologic disorders, cerebral palsy, neuromuscular disease, and developmental disabilities. It serves as a partner for residency training and for care by our faculty with expertise in these areas.
Working in partnership with Children’s Medical Center Dallas and Parkland Health & Hospital System, UT Southwestern physicians deliver the best in compassionate patient care.
Our physicians have extensive experience in working with pediatric patients in specialty areas such as cardiology, endocrinology, genetics and metabolism, hematology and oncology, infectious diseases, nephrology, respiratory medicine, neonatology, and more. In addition, UT Southwestern clinicians use cutting-edge treatments that build on the groundbreaking research conducted at the medical center.
We have a wide-ranging network of specialists and facilities that can provide comprehensive care for young patients. While most patients are treated at Children’s or Parkland, children may also be seen for special needs at several other UT Southwestern clinical practices and hospitals.