UT Southwestern Medical Center provides a maternal-fetal transport service for women experiencing pregnancy complications.
The maternal-fetal medicine team offers an extensive array of diagnostic, consultative, and treatment options for both mother and child.
The options include:
- Chorionic villus sampling
- Clinical teratology evaluations and counseling
- Coordination of maternal-child treatment and care for congenital anomalies and other perinatal problems with a team of neonatologists and pediatric surgeons at UT Southwestern and Children’s Medical Center Dallas
- Fetal therapeutics, including fetal blood sampling, intrauterine transfusions, and fetal shunt placement
- Genetic counseling by a highly skilled team consisting of genetic counselors and maternal-fetal medicine specialists
- Identification and treatment of perinatal infections
- Percutaneous umbilical blood sampling
- Physician consultation in pregnancy planning and management of high-risk patients
- State-of-the-art high-resolution ultrasound
Our maternal-fetal medicine patients also have access to the level III Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery at St. Paul University Hospital, as well as the level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Children's Medical Center Dallas for infants requiring surgery after birth.