Interventional Pulmonary Service
The Interventional Pulmonary Service at UT Southwestern Medical Center offers a variety of minimally invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for benign and malignant thoracic disorders.
- Ablation procedures for airway recanalization (mechanical and thermal)
- Airway dilation
- Bronchoscopy (image-guided and navigational)
- Endobronchial ultrasound evaluation and biopsies (EBUS)
- Placement of tunneled indwelling pleural catheters
- Rigid bronchoscopy
- Standard diagnostic flexible bronchoscopy
- Ultra-thin bronchoscopy
The service is also involved in clinical and outcomes research related to interventional procedures, such as new treatment modalities for central airway obstruction, management of persistent pulmonary air leaks, and volume reduction approaches for emphysema.
The Interventional Pulmonary Service also works closely with the Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at UT Southwestern.