UT Southwestern Medical Center’s Cosmetic Dermatology Program helps patients minimize or reverse damage to their skin caused by aging, sunlight, and genetics. Our program offers the latest technology for skin rejuvenation and other cosmetic dermatology techniques.
Our physicians offer skin treatments and therapies for varicose veins, age spots, birthmarks, rosacea, and unwanted hair.
Therapies we provide include:
- Botulinum toxin (Botox)
- An injection that reduces facial lines caused by muscle movement; may also be used to reduce excessive perspiration of the underarms, hands, or feet
- Chemical peels
- A technique that improves the appearance of the skin by applying a chemical solution to the outer, dead layer of skin to remove mature layers of skin cells and allow new skin to regenerate, making skin smoother, less wrinkled, and more even in color
- Filler substances
- An injection into the skin to fill depressed lines or scars, as well as to enhance the lips; commonly used: Restylane® and collagen
- Laser hair removal
- A procedure that can significantly reduce unwanted hair; also helpful in the treatment of pseudofolliculitis barbae (PFB), a condition characterized by red bumps around hair follicles, which are often made worse by shaving
- Laser therapy
- A therapy that targets the blood cells in the vessel, causing it to shrink and, in many cases, disappear; caused by sun exposure, genetics, skin type, and rosacea