The Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center recognizes the importance of religion and spirituality. Spiritual care can bring comfort, well-being, and meaning during times of stress and illness. The Department of Chaplain Services provides interfaith support for you, your caregiver, and your family.
Our chaplains are part of your cancer care team and are available to you by phone, by appointment, and while you are in the hospital.
How Can Chaplain Services Help You?
The Chaplain Services team is part of your cancer care team, so you do not need a physician or nurse referral to meet with them. All you have to do is ask or call.
If you answer yes to any of the questions listed below, please consider making an appointment with Chaplain Services:
- Do you want to maintain your spiritual well-being through prayer?
- Do you want help dealing with difficult issues?
- Are you having trouble coping with losses?
- Do you want help renewing strength and hope?
- Do you want help talking with your family, children, or friends about cancer?
- Would you like help with advanced directives?
- Are you caring for a loved one who has cancer?
- Do you feel like there is lots of support for your family member with cancer but none for you?
For more information or an appointment with Chaplain Services, please call us at 214-645-HOPE (4673).