Soft Tissue Sarcoma
Advanced, Comprehensive Care for Sarcoma Patients
The skilled sarcoma specialists at UT Southwestern Medical Center expertly diagnose and treat people with all varieties of sarcoma. Offering the most sophisticated technologies and proven therapies, our multidisciplinary team delivers comprehensive sarcoma care.
Recognized as leaders in treating both bone and soft-tissue sarcoma, our sarcoma doctors work with every patient to develop an individualized course of care. From diagnosis to treatment and beyond, our experienced, caring sarcoma team works together to bring about the best possible outcomes.
The UT Southwestern Difference
Highlights of our sarcoma program include:
- Sophisticated diagnostic tools and techniques
- The most appropriate treatments , tailored to each patient’s type of sarcoma, from the rare and complex to the more common and straightforward
- Surgical treatments that include excisional surgery, limb-sparing surgery, and cosmetic reconstruction
- Radiation techniques and technologies that include intensity-modulated radiation therapy, image-guided radiation therapy, brachytherapy, intraoperative radiotherapy, and on-board imaging
- Current, evidence-based chemotherapies
- State-of-the-art equipment that helps our doctors precisely deliver targeted doses of radiation to sarcoma tumors
- Access to clinical trials of promising new sarcoma therapies, giving patients opportunities to benefit from treatments not yet available to the public
We also offer a range of support services to help patients and families through sarcoma treatment and beyond, including:
- Cancer psychology
- Support groups and classes
- Oncology nutrition
- Spiritual support
- Oncology rehabilitation
- EMBRACE Survivorship
- Oncology social work
- Transitional care coordination
- Integrative therapies
Request an Appointment
To schedule a visit with a sarcoma specialist at UT Southwestern’s facilities in Dallas or to learn more about our services, request an appointment or call 214-645-8300.
Meet Our Sarcoma Experts
UT Southwestern’s skilled sarcoma specialists provide expert, patient-centered care.