One of the premier centers in the world for the study, diagnosis, and treatment of mental health and addictive disorders is at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Our specialists perform tests that may diagnose or rule out cognitive impairment related to numerous conditions.
Some of the conditions include:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Attention deficit disorders such as ADHD or ADD
- Brain trauma
- Cognitive changes following surgery
- Developmental learning disorders
- Effects of toxins or chronic substance abuse
- Language disturbance
- Parkinson’s disease
- Psychiatric or neuropsychiatric disorders
- Seizure disorder
- Stroke and other cardiovascular disorders
Inpatient psychiatric care
Zale Lipshy University Hospital offers a specialty neuropsychiatric program within the general inpatient psychiatric unit. This program provides exceptional inpatient psychiatric care to patients with various central nervous system diagnoses resulting in significant psychiatric conditions, such as depression, anxiety, mood instability, or psychosis.
Each patient receives an individualized treatment plan, which generally consists of:
- Thorough neuropsychiatric and neuropsychological evaluations
- Group and individual psychotherapy, emphasizing education and adjustment to illness
- Brief rehabilitation training
- Education and therapy for families
- Consultations regarding physical therapy, occupational therapy, neurology, neurosurgery, and medicine as needed
- Careful discharge planning