UT Southwestern's Robert D. Rogers Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center offers the highest level of stroke care available. As a regional referral center for cerebrovascular disorders, this includes care for complex and rare disorders. We offer specialized expertise in diagnosing and treating these diseases at all stages, providing innovative, patient-centered care for:
- Brain aneurysms
- Brain vascular malformations
- Moyamoya disease
- Chiari malformations
- Carotid atherosclerotic disease (carotid artery disease)
- Carotid cavernous fistulas
- Intracranial stenosis
- Cranial and spine dural fistulas
- And other cerebrovascular disorders
UT Southwestern’s cerebrovascular team helps patients from all parts of Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arkansas, and beyond. This ranges from providing immediate neurosurgical care to determining if it’s safe to just monitor the condition. We offer:
- World-class care from a team of specialists in cerebrovascular disorders. Neurosurgeons, neurologists, neuroradiologists, neurointensivists, physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians, and other health care professionals are part of the cerebrovascular team – all working together to achieve the best possible results for patients.
- A high level of experience. UT Southwestern’s neurosurgeons are at the forefront of treatments for cerebrovascular disorders, including establishing techniques that revolutionized surgical treatments for aneurysms.
- Innovative neurosurgical and endovascular treatments. Our comprehensive range of techniques ranges from minimally invasive to bypass surgery, depending on a patient’s overall health and needs.
- The latest diagnostic and imaging technologies. Our experts in neuroimaging use the latest technology available, providing for prompt evaluations, which then lead to effective treatment options for patients.
- Designated as Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center. We’ve been recognized by The Joint Commission and American Stroke Association for providing the highest level of stroke care available, anywhere.
- The Neuro-ICU with the largest number of specialists in North Texas. Located at UT Southwestern’s Zale Lipshy University Hospital, we have the largest Neuro-ICU in the region. It’s staffed by a team of physicians, nurses, patient care technicians, respiratory therapists, and ancillary staff – who together provide specialized care to manage all aspects of care for life-threatening cerebrovascular disorders.
- Active clinical trials. These unique, leading-edge studies provide patients with access to research and therapeutic advances, often before they’re available at other hospitals.
Request an Appointment
If someone is experiencing a stroke or has another emergency medical situation, call 911.
To schedule an appointment with a cerebrovascular specialist at UT Southwestern, or to learn more about our services, request an appointment or call 214-645-8300.