Our steadfast commitment to delivering and maintaining outstanding patient care has been consistently recognized by leading health care organizations. These awards reflect the priority we give to our patients and showcase the extra effort our hospital staff makes every day.
Press Ganey Award
UT Southwestern earned two national awards in recognition of the outstanding care provided to patients at Zale Lipshy University Hospital. UTSW is the nation's only academic medical center to win both awards in each of the past two years.
Zale Lipshy University Hospital received the 2013 Press Ganey Beacon of Excellence Award for patient satisfaction, one of only three academic medical centers in the nation and one of 26 health care facilities selected nationally to receive that distinction.
UT Southwestern has been honored many times for the quality of care we provide to patients. But striving for perfection in the delivery of health care is not about earning awards – it’s about providing our patients with the best medical services possible in the safest environment possible.
Here are just a few of the recognitions UT Southwestern has received in recent years, which we believe speak to the quality of care we aim to offer every patient at every visit.
- Twelve UT Southwestern clinical programs earn national recognition from U.S. News & World Report in 2012. We are one of only 148 medical centers nationwide – out of nearly 4,800 hospitals across the country – that earn a national ranking in one or more specialties.
- UT Southwestern University Hospital in 2012 receives multiple Quality Awards for medical excellence from one of the nation's largest independent health care rating firms. The firm, which specializes in ranking the quality of hospital and physician care using both public and proprietary performance measures, recognizes UTSW programs in neurological care, orthopaedic care, stroke care, and heart transplant as being in the top 10 percent in the nation. The Heart Transplant Program receives the added distinction of being ranked No. 1 in Texas.
- UT Southwestern repeats its year-earlier performance in 2012 by once again claiming two patient satisfaction awards from Press Ganey, a national consulting firm that specializes in health care performance. The awards are based on federal data that measure patient satisfaction in areas such as communication with doctors and nurses, responsiveness of hospital staff, pain management, cleanliness, and quietness. In 2011, UT Southwestern was the nation’s only academic medical center to win two awards from Press Ganey.
- For the second year in a row, UT Southwestern in 2012 is named to the “Most Wired” list by Hospitals & Health Networks magazine, the American Hospital Association’s flagship publication. The list recognizes hospital systems’ use of information technology in four areas, including clinical quality/safety and care continuum.
- UT Southwestern was the first major medical center in North Texas to implement electronic medical records in all its clinical practice groups, making patient care safer and more efficient.